Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior covering question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior covering question

I’m getting ready to cover the interior on my Bearhawk. I notice that the floor panels extend to the outside of the lower longerons (mine are still the same width from the factory), meaning that if I run fabric down the interior to the inside of the longerons, the floor panels then won’t fit.

What do others do? Do you trim the floor panels width back to fit ? Or is there another solution ?

Thanks in advance.

5BE9AE9A-A08B-4FF3-B8ED-82F45A1903A6.jpeg
    Last edited by Nev; 12-05-2020, 02:14 AM.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

The floor panels require those longerons for support along their edges. Wrap the interior fabric around the outside of the lower longerons. It makes for a challenging installation around the weld clusters, but you can't beat the fabric for its light weight. Of course, this assumes you haven't installed the exterior fabric yet. Here are some interior shots of mine done in Oratex. I havent uploaded all my pictures yet, but here is the fabric section of my build log:

EAABuildersLog.org is a airplane builders log website to store your projects on the web for free. The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.) provides this website for it's members for free..

20201205_072447.jpg20201205_072428.jpg20201205_072454.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

• Nev
      Nev commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant. Thanks.

My interior is fabric. I "weaved" the fabric in and out of the tubes. The bottom of my fabric wraps around the outside of the bottom longeron. Did not need to trim the floor boards.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Thanks guys, thats exactly what I’ll do.
      Last edited by Nev; 12-05-2020, 11:54 AM.
      Nev Bailey
      Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
      YouTube - Build and flying channel
      Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Working...
      X