Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A faux pas question, perhaps.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A faux pas question, perhaps.....

hello,,

Do builders who have completed their scratch build wings sell or lend out their dies they have created to make ribs? Seems like many people make their own sets, instead of re-using ones already made. Is it because of the 51% mandate? Thanks.

Definitely no problem as far as the 51% is concerned.

Comment

Might be a wear and tear issue. I would prefer to make ribs from a new hardwood form.

Comment

• Gr8apmech
        Gr8apmech commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. My oak form blocks might make one more set but the blocks I made from MDF were done after first run. I’ve made both aluminum and steel parts from form blocks. Tail ribs were all oak blocks.

Originally posted by JohnBergt View Post
      hello,,

Do builders who have completed their scratch build wings sell or lend out their dies they have created to make ribs? Seems like many people make their own sets, instead of re-using ones already made. Is it because of the 51% mandate? Thanks.
      using someone elses form blocks will save you some time...

remember thou you still have to do a quick check to his blocks to make sure they are accurate...no flat spots on curves.....measurements ...angles......ect...

Your friends photo copier might have copied the paper template smaller or larger for the flap/aileron nose ribs...ect...do a quick check against the plans .
      Last edited by way_up_north; 02-16-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• JohnBergt
        JohnBergt commented
        Editing a comment
        Valid points, thanks
    Working...
    X