Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glide Slope Antenna Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glide Slope Antenna Location

Any suggestions on mounting location? I know Russ Erb put his on the bottom, near the tail wheel, but I am afraid that landing in a field would destroy it. I have been trying to mount on top of VS and using Kydex to form a cap/mount, but my Kydex melting forming skills are not the best and It looks kind of cheesy. So looking for the Sages that have already figured out a good place for it.

Why not install a splitter in the coax from the nav antenna instead of an additional antenna? In my Maule the GS antenna was two thin wires with a center tap installed inside at the top of the windshield, worked great.

Comment

• David Weber
      David Weber commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I will study that idea.

Why not just get a modern antenna and radio that doesn't require a separate GS antenna?

Comment

• David Weber
      David Weber commented
      Editing a comment
      Cuz, like an idiot, I bought a bunch of stuff while too excited at KOSH about 8 years ago. The good news is that I paid cash for everything and just have to finish it. After much counseling from other builders, I have been taught that I can not get everything as perfect as I want it, so I am moving forward at a rapid rate, even with only one eye now.

I mounted my NAV/ILS antenna on the vehicle stab. 4C627BC5-DE5A-4440-BA61-DD1DF8F0D200.jpeg77695DBB-48DA-4AFA-A129-8AD5D2CF83CF.jpegF468F18D-FCA2-40E1-9B48-3DCC623A69B4.jpeg6388E084-4850-4C41-901A-8D40EE97CC8C.jpeg
    Attached Files

Comment

• David Weber
      David Weber commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to use your idea! Thanks for posting

Thanks for Ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X