Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Oshkosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Oshkosh

My wife just surprised me with Oshkosh tickets and looks like I'll be there Monday through Wednesday. Any Bearhawkers planning on getting together or events I should be aware of, etc.?

Mark Goldberg and/or Bob attending this year?

Andy
    1423B Scratch

I'll be there. I'll camp in Camp Scholler with my little camper. Not sure what day I will arrive yet.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

We'll be there. We're flying our Maule M5-235C in and hope to camp in the North 40 as we have friends flying their RV-8 into HBC (homebuilt camping). We plan on arriving the Thursday before the show starts and staying for the week.
      -------------------
      Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
      Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
      RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

I'll be at camp scholler for the week

Comment

A friend and I will be driving an RV up on 7/22 and leaving 7/27...staying in Camp Scholler somewhere

Comment

I'll be driving up and arriving Sunday evening, leaving midday on Friday. Staying at a house in Oshkosh.

Comment

i will be camping in Camp Scholler, Saturday thru Wednesday.

Comment

I'll be camping in Sleepy Hollow Farms all week.

Comment

This $7.25/gallon fuel has got me down but if a miracle happens, how early do I have to get there to find a spot in homebuilt camping?
                  Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• Brett795
                    Brett795 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don’t think I’ve ever seen HBC full and turn anyone away in the 30 years we have been attending/ flying in. My dad use to fly us in on Friday before to avoid traffic but now the NOTAM starts Friday. If you never have flown in, watch others on YouTube to give you some awareness to what the NOTAM reads. It helped me the first time I flew my Velocity in even though I watched my dad for years do it.

• rv8bldr
                    rv8bldr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually, the NOTAM starts Thursday at noon this year (I was surprised). I plan on arriving on Thursday afternoon (in my Maule because the Bearhawk isn't done yet...)

Originally posted by whee View Post
                  This $7.25/gallon fuel has got me down but if a miracle happens, how early do I have to get there to find a spot in homebuilt camping?
                  While they have run out of room for store-bought planes, I don't think they typically run out of room for homebuilts?

Comment

• Mark Dickens
                    Mark Dickens commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've read posts by EAA staff that it's policy that there is always room for homebuilts. You might be out in left field but they will find a spot for you. Now having said this, if at all possible you want to be there Sunday if you can. I have a feeling that gas prices will keep many away unfortunately.

I will be driving up Friday before start, staying all week, camping in Scholler.

Comment

Donna and I will be in Homebuilt camping with our Patrols. We plan to be there for the week.

Comment

I'll be driving down Wednesday morning, staying at Motel 6

One thing to check out is the new Pilot Proficiency Center is putting on half day seminars with simulator time. I registered for Saturday morning's Stick and Rudder course.
                      Last edited by Russellmn; 06-30-2022, 11:18 AM.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
                      Patrol plans #398

Comment

I’ll be there Friday through Thursday. Staying in the dorm
                        Scott Ahrens
                        Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Cora and I will be pulling our little camper to Scholler again this year and will have T shirts to trade.

Comment

Working...
                          X