Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob's Fly-In October 15, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob's Fly-In October 15, 2022

We are one month away from Bob's annual fly-in! It will be on Saturday, October 15th. This is a great time to come have lunch, meet Bob and other Bearhawk folks, and see Bob's shop and airport. The airport ID is VA04 and the driving address is 2079 Breckinridge Mill Rd, Fincastle VA. Bob will provide the main course, bring a covered dish as you are able.

If you will be flying for the first time in something other than a Bearhawk, please reach out for a briefing. It can be a challenging airport for folks who don't do that type of flying.

Camping at the field is an option, though it is preferable to let Bob know beforehand so that he'll be able to best assist.

It's a great time of the year to be in the mountains! We'll plan to fly unless the weather is bad, in which case we'll drive. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on his electric Ultralight project!

Who else is planning to go this year?

Looking forward to being there again this year.
    Stephen B. Murphey
    Bearhawk LSA
    Building #L-089

Comment

My friend Jim and I are looking forward to being there again this year also. Jim from upstate New York who is not on this forum has a flying scratch built patrol since just before Osh 2021
      we plan on camping out overnight at bob’s

Comment

I'd like to be there as well, unsure about camping just yet though. I'd prefer not to drive that distance round trip in one day

Comment

I'm new here but had this event on my calendar last year. I wasn't able to make but am wide open this year. Hoping to see an LSA there and talk to builders about their experiences.

Comment

It looks like I should be able to make it this year. I'll probably fly down Friday and camp. Most likely with my dogs.
            Rollie VanDorn
            Findlay, OH
            Patrol Quick Build

Comment

Wish I could. Maybe next year.
              Rob Caldwell
              Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
              EAA Chapter 309
              Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
              YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
              1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Looks like I’ll be able to make it! planning to drive in Friday
                -Isa

Comment

• EBPaul
                  EBPaul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice meeting you at Bob’s
                  Paul Roy

• triumphantduke
                  triumphantduke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Pauls, nice meeting you as well! Hope yall had a good drive home.

Are there certain hours the fly in/drive in will be going?

Comment

• jaredyates
                  jaredyates commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most of the activity will be centered around lunch, but some folks are already there.

I won't be early, but I'm getting there.

PXL_20221015_111831591.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X