Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budd Davisson EAA Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budd Davisson EAA Hall of Fame

This is pretty cool. Through the years Budd has been a consistent champion and cheerleader for the Bearhawk. https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-pub...sAaIXMQnDHiF3k

Budd Davisson's aviation writing has been an inspiration to me ever since 1971 when I first read one of his articles in Air Progress. Many of the the finest air-to-air photos that we all have admired in magazines were taken by him, and his pilot reports on everything from homebuilts to WWII fighters give us insight into the airplanes that most of us will never have the opportunity to fly. In my mind, there is hardly a better ambassador of sport aviation.

Comment

It has been great privilege to get to know Budd and Marlene through the Bearhawk community. They used to host Bearhawk get togethers at their Phoenix home during the Copper state fly-in. Budd was directly involved with the startup of Avipro along with Mark Goldberg and another individual that I can't recall at this point. Budd was very active in the original Yahoo Bearhawk group for a number of years. I'm paraphrasing, Budd has described the Bearhawk as being one of the most honest flying homebuilt designs. Ohio LSA said it very well above, a great ambassador of sport aviation.
      Last edited by rodsmith; 09-19-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I'm surprised he wasn't in the hall of fame already. Well deserved! When a sport aviation mag arrives in the mail I usually flip straight to Budd's articles, sometimes ignoring everything else.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

I have always enjoyed his articles.
          also neat that he has some ties to the bearhawk factory. I have gathered bits amd pcs of how that all came about. Is there a write up of the history amd how that all came about anywhere?

Comment

There are more bits and pieces here, maybe you already saw this? Https://bearhawkforums.com/forum/bea.../30109-history
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Bud Davidson is the reason I'm building a Bearhawk.

I went to Oshkosh by myself around 2001 or 02 and attended forums, workshops, and presentations. Bud gave a talk on welding, and at the end talked very highly of the Bob and his Bearhawk design. The kids were small, and I building was not something for me to take on. about 14 years later I decided to build, but NOT evaluate all the different designs out there, and just build a Patrol rather than a Super Cub since he had spoken so highly of it.
              Brooks Cone
              Southeast Michigan
              Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
              X