Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight and Balance Sreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight and Balance Sreadsheet

Here's an attached weight and balance spreadsheet below (.xlxs). You should be able to download it and it's designed work on iMac, iPad or iPhone. It will convert to Excel, but no guarantees there.

It contains a list of equipment and arms so that builders can compare their own measurements for a gross error comparison, and explore the effect of placing different weights at various locations.

It can also be used to calculate an accurate Weight and CG before each flight.

How to use
    To begin, overwrite your wheel weights in the magenta boxes. Alternatively you can use the existing wheel weights which are for an IO540 powered Bearhawk, with a 3 bladed composite prop. You could for example use a friends wheel weights, and then start modifying the arm weights.

Yellow boxes = arms in inches (or mm)
    Top grey boxes = total weight and CG
    Green boxes = click and use slider to add people, cargo, fuel.
    Blue boxes = click and use slider to add or subtract weight from that arm location.

Examples
    Example 1. If you want to add heavier tires, click the blue box for tires and increase the slider the amount you wish to add. Then look at the top grey boxes to see the resulting empty weight and CG.

Example 2. You want to see the effect of changing from your current 2 bladed prop to a 3 blade prop. Click the blue propeller box and increase by 20lbs. View the resulting empty weight and CG in the top grey boxes.

Example 3. You decide to take out next years STOL comp and add 30 lbs ballast to the aft fuselage grab handles. Click the blue box for ballast at grab handles and move the slider to 30 lbs. Add your own weight to the green front seat box, and some fuel weight. View the resulting weight and CG in the top grey boxes.

Example 4. Aunt Sally weighs 300lbs. You figure she can fit in the back seat. Click the green rear seat box and move the slider to 300 lbs. Add yourself and uncle Bill's weight to the front seats, some fuel, and play around with the cargo weight to see how much you can carry. View the resulting weight and CG in the top grey boxes.​

DB77228F-8E2B-4123-88D0-E87A7C7276BC.jpg

AD44C500-7AAD-46CE-BCE7-95943800AAF9.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nev; 11-11-2022, 12:26 PM.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Very cool and thanks Nev.

I downloaded it, but it is in a read only format without an option to edit. Any tips?
    N678C
    https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
    Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

• Nev
      Nev commented
      Editing a comment
      Jay, I've attached it as a file instead. It should download now and then be able to open in either numbers or excel. Let me know it this works, thanks,

• davzLSA
      davzLSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Nev this is great, thanks for posting it.

• davzLSA
      davzLSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt Sally need to go on a diet!!!!

If anyone wants a fully functioning one with sliders on each cell as pictured, e-mail me at neville.bailey@icloud.com and I'll send as an email attachment.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Working...
    X