Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

build table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build table

looking for info on build table size for a 4 place bear hawk. Length, width, height?
    Vr3 fuselage tube kit on order, help and expertise would be much appreciated
    thanks Matt L. Millinocket me

4ft wide by 18ft long, about 36in in height, plus or minus. You must be able to comfortably reach the middle, so your table height is a variable only you can know.

homebuilt aircraft, builders log, experimental, experimental aircraft, 51% rule, fifty-one percent rule, 51% percent rule, aircraft homebuilt kit, aircraft homebuilt plan, aircraft composite homebuilt, aircraft experimental homebuilt, aircraft experimental kit

Comment

I'll only add to Paul's recommendation with a couple of points. Give some consideration to how to support and brace the fuselage top in space when you start to install the verticals. Also supporting the rudder vertical post is a consideration. I made mine long, braced at the ceiling. Then trimmed once tacked.

homebuilt aircraft, builders log, experimental, experimental aircraft, 51% rule, fifty-one percent rule, 51% percent rule, aircraft homebuilt kit, aircraft homebuilt plan, aircraft composite homebuilt, aircraft experimental homebuilt, aircraft experimental kit

Last edited by John Bickham; 12-06-2022, 06:45 AM.
      Thanks too much,
      John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
      BH Plans #1117
      Avipro wings/Scratch
      http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

Mine is similar dimensions to Paul's in post number two above. As my shop is very limited in size, I made three tables 6 ft by 4 ft that attach end to end by screwing 2x4s onto the side for alignment. Half inch lag screws in the bottoms of the legs for height adjustments. Framing all glued and screwed with gussets. All painted white, three quarter inch plywood top. Sturdy shelf underneath.

Right now, two sections are together and one is off to the side.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. What material is used for the top, plywood? What thickness?

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
            alaskabearhawk commented
            Editing a comment
            I used 3/4in AC plywood. Easy to draw lines on with a pencil and easy to erase those lines with a white eraser. Also easy to screw the wood blocks to.

oops just saw your post marusofcotton. Answered my question. Thanks

Comment

I like a sacrificial bench top. 1/8" Masonite is smooth and so a bench brush cleans off the shavings quick and easy. Right now I have a piece of astro turf on my bench top that I need to remove it because it requires lifting a vacuum up to clean off the AL shavings. But its better when I slide AL sheet around on it is surface to avoid scratches.
            Brooks Cone
            Southeast Michigan
            Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by marcusofcotton View Post
              Sturdy shelf underneath.
              I couldn't agree more. Prime real estate there that you will be glad to have.

image.png
              Mark
              Scratch building Patrol #275
              Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
              X