Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General plans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General plans question

Looking over the plans for a Patrol as I await my kit and starting to get my head wrapped around reading them. I will need some help as I go thru them, so here is my first question. The plans for the links seem to not have a printed nominal value for the bend in the link. Do i measure the angle directly off the actual scale plan sheet or is there another way? Thanks! Dave
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

To minimize bending loads on the bolt you want the bend to occur as soon as possible without interfering with the bolt head. Experiment with a thinner piece of metal.

Comment

Tail Lug-S.jpg
      Tail wire lug bend location

Comment

Measuring off the paper dwg is a way of life with BH plans. Get some scales, 6"&12", a HF 8" digital caliper and some cheater glasses. As unsatisfactory as the process sounds, it seems to work. Aim small miss small.
        Good luck
        Gerry

Comment

• rodsmith
          rodsmith commented
          Editing a comment
          I found a triangular engineer scale to be the most helpful, the one with scales from 10 divisions per inch to 60 divisions per inch. Most of the drawings are 1:10, some are 1:20 and some details are 1:4 (use the 40 division/inch scale).

The links came with my kit....2017 kit.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Thanks all for the replies...I certainly do appreciate the input from the people who have "been there, done that" Happy holidays to all!
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X