Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brave Browser Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brave Browser Compatibility

Is anyone using the Brave web browser and if so, are you having any troubles with it? I've gotten a report and am hoping to narrow down whether it's an individual or systemic problem.

Not sure what problem you are looking for. I have Brave but don't normally use it. This reply is being posted from Brave.

Comment

Thanks Tyson, what type of device, phone, tablet, pc, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
        Thanks Tyson, what type of device, phone, tablet, pc, etc?
        Linux, Kubuntu 20.04 on a Thinkpad Carbon X1. I can probably test on other platforms if that is helpful. I have android phone and tablet. Emilie has a Mac laptop. No iOS devices and no Windoze.

Comment

Posting from Brave on an older Android tablet.

Comment

I love Brave. I use it on my computers (running Linux Mint), my android phone, and my coworkers love it on Win10. Not sure what problems you are having. If a page isn't working, you can click on the little orange lion face (to the right of the address bar) to turn off the privacy shields. I have had to do that for some sites but not many. It's amazing how many ads that privacy shield removes from pages of a lot of websites.
            BH 4 place plans #767, currently finishing a Kolb Firestar 2 kit. Very interested in the BH LSA.

Comment

Thanks, if it has blockers that could be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JayDub View Post
                I love Brave. I use it on my computers (running Linux Mint), my android phone, and my coworkers love it on Win10. Not sure what problems you are having. If a page isn't working, you can click on the little orange lion face (to the right of the address bar) to turn off the privacy shields. I have had to do that for some sites but not many. It's amazing how many ads that privacy shield removes from pages of a lot of websites.
                That solved the problem, I did as suggested. Thanks
                N678C
                https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
                Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

But in solving the problem, I lost some of the Brave Browser’s allures. So while it is now working, it is no longer secure from ad blocking etc
                  N678C
                  https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
                  Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

I think the problem is that the blocker sometimes friends and foes get mixed up. The forum machinery uses things that the blocker things are ads, etc.

Comment

I would expect that you can adjust the settings just for bearhawkforums.com? I haven't found the forum to be spammy, but I don't look too close and I run some blockers on Firefox (...and Brave)

Comment

I use brave daily. You can turn off blockers for just the forums if needed. I just have script blocking off but "Shields" are up.
                        Travis
                        Travis M
                        Kentucky
                        Bearhawk 5 Quickbuilt Kit Plane #5041
                        Received December 2022

Comment

Working...
                        X