Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three view images for paint scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three view images for paint scheme

Am starting to plan paint schemes

does anyone have a file format with the three view images available?

Thanks Dano

You can make a paper model if you want:

Hey All... Interesting story with a different outcome. I had made 4 variations of a blue on yellow paint scheme in 3-view for my BH. I sent it out to family and friends for an opinion as to which they liked the best. I had my favorite, but sometimes people see things that I may miss. I also sent it to the local EAA chapter

Comment

that is pretty cool!

Originally posted by alaskabearhawk View Post
      You can make a paper model if you want:

https://bearhawkforums.com/forum/bea...hawk#post71711

Comment

A couple more that I used to color.

Bearhawk top cleaned.jpgBH Template 3 cleaned.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by alaskabearhawk View Post
          A couple more that I used to color.

Bearhawk top cleaned.jpgBH Template 3 cleaned.jpg
          thank you!

Comment

I used the 3 view page one drawing, and colored it with an iPad/windows paint - ended up with crayon crumbs on my shirt

Comment

This is a link to a free image manipulation program I used.
              GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

I also took Plans P.1 image of the Patrol and manipulated it to come up with my scheme. I found the more I played, the simpler my scheme became.

With a click you can change colors. You can draw lines, fill in shapes. I printed off my top choices then hung them in the shop. N-number size/placement make a difference. this is what I ended up with....except the rudder us checked.

BTW. Jared has a very valuable graphics service. Its very economical even if he raises his prices. My checks are his vinyl. If I did it over my stripes would also be his Vinyl. Why Boulder Gray? I tried to match the trim color to the smoke gray of the window. I think it will turn out simple and nice.
              Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 2.59.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-16 at 3.08.18 PM.png
              Attached Files
              Brooks Cone
              Southeast Michigan
              Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
                This is a link to a free image manipulation program I used.
                GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

I also took Plans P.1 image of the Patrol and manipulated it to come up with my scheme. I found the more I played, the simpler my scheme became.

With a click you can change colors. You can draw lines, fill in shapes. I printed off my top choices then hung them in the shop. N-number size/placement make a difference. this is what I ended up with....except the rudder us checked.

BTW. Jared has a very valuable graphics service. Its very economical even if he raises his prices. My checks are his vinyl. If I did it over my stripes would also be his Vinyl. Why Boulder Gray? I tried to match the trim color to the smoke gray of the window. I think it will turn out simple and nice.
                Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 2.59.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-16 at 3.08.18 PM.png
                thanks Brooks!

Clean lines on your plane!!

Comment

Working...
                X