Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engines Titan XO-370, AeroSport IO-360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines Titan XO-370, AeroSport IO-360

Anyone running versions of these on their BH? Considering for a Patrol. Both contacts extremely responsive and willing to dialog. Both have stated one year lead times from order to shipment

AeroSport built the engine for our Patrol. We are very pleased with the engine, along with the customer support and communication from them. No Complaints.

Comment

Can you tell me how you configured the engine, your prop choice. Is there is anything you might consider doing differenty...thanks!

Dave

Comment

Our engine is an O-375 with 9:1 pistons. It is placarded at 200 HP. We had AeroSport port and flow the cylinders. It has E-mags and our propeller is a Hartzell Trailblazer 80".

If I could do one thing differently it would be to avoid the taper fin cylinders. They are lighter weight, but you give up surface area for cooling. In addition, the baffling kits available do not have any options for the tapered fins. I was able to find a template on the Vans forum which allowed me to modify our baffling so there were not large gaps at the base of the cylinders.

We love the engine/prop combo. It has lots of power and performs very well. On July 1st I had a 200' takeoff from a mountain airstrip with 6100' DA and over 40 gallons of fuel on board.

Joe

Comment

Appreciate the info Joe...thanks!

Comment

I ordered a titan x0370 and it’s been 21 months so far
            Last edited by Schmiege907; 08-26-2023, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• sjt
              sjt commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you saying that it has been on order for 21 months?

Yes I ordered in dec. of 2021 the lead time was supposed to be 6-8 months and it’s been 21 months so far but I think it’s getting close.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
              Mark Goldberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, your engine is ready to ship. I was at the kit factory last week when I got notice from Titan that it is ready. Certainly was a long time to wait. Mark
          Working...
          X