Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use an inflatable paint booth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use an inflatable paint booth?

Has anyone used an inflatable paint booth for their build? Do they work well? Any particular brand better/worse than another? Thanks for the input.

I've used the inflatable booths for years and they work great. If you're using it indoors I'd say it catches about 85% of the overspray which is great for a self contained unit. Also just a thought what I do is grab some cheap furnace filters and spray those with hair spray and it'll save your filters that are sewn into the booth. If you're outdoors then I wouldn't worry about it. Also you may want to build a temporary structure around your project so you can shut the blowers off while your project cures and also it's a great safety catch just in case the power fails and you don't ruin anything.

Good Luck!!
    Frank

Comment

• Berniepiet
      Berniepiet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Frank.

I've been using one off of Amazon. 1200 $. Loving it. Not sure what I would have done without it.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ElliotAbel View Post
      I've been using one off of Amazon. 1200 $. Loving it. Not sure what I would have done without it.
      image.png
      And now you know.​

Comment

I use a $80 party tent with internal filtration and a welding helmet (also with filtration). Latter I also use for other jobs all the time. Love that thing. In the helmet I use two pre-filters. The second one hardly discolors and the successive Hepa filter stays super clean. I think this is ok with the Stewart system because it does not contain any solvents. In any case DYOR. One challenge this solved was being able to heat the booth easily in winter.
        Attached Files
        Bearhawk "XHawk" Patrol, O-360, Trailblazer 80", tubeless 26" Goodyears, Stewart Systems. See XHawk Build Log.

Comment

I also used a party tent. I think it makes lots of sense for a one plane use. The 10x 20 tent was a little tight for the fuselage but it worked. Might need a larger one if painting the model 5.

Comment

Party tents can be made safe. A human needs fresh breathing air when painting. (It may seem obvioius...but "just this once" is an agrument I hear myself tell me) Second: over-spray must be exhausted. Spend some money and get a fan that will exhaust air to exchange air very often. They are not real spendy.

Its uncommon to share one's own errors.....but Here is youtube video of a high school shop teacher who did.
            I wasn't as happy with the result as I though I would be.Advantage: shop has no overspray.Disadvantage: still got dust in the paint, and my lungs aren't lovi...
            Brooks Cone
            Southeast Michigan
            Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I used 4 20" intake fans and 4 20" exhaust fans, filters on all. You want positive pressure in your spray booth. That way any leaks are exiting the booth and not pulling in dust.

Comment

Working...
              X