Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonably priced Boroscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonably priced Boroscope

I was in the market for a Boroscope and found this one on Aliexpress for NZ$120 including postage, which at the price I decided was worth the risk. Today, I put it into action and was very pleased with the results. I've given it to my engineer, and ordered another one. It takes photos and videos, stores them, has a 180° function, has variable lighting, and connects to my iPhone with WiFi. There is also one available with a screen for about $130. All my valves, cylinders and plugs had a similar appearance, which apparently is a good thing.

Here's a few of the photos.

Valves:
    5A3278ED-D23A-4958-8790-D1A079F821A0.png
    Piston:
    22B9C4BE-3EDE-4A00-93D7-148EB1B058C4.png
    Lower Spark Plug:
    0F354402-2736-4FCA-B69A-7B3CCBEAD766.png

89B3919D-2CAC-4E56-AE44-ADCD253934D7.jpg
    Last edited by Nev; 02-22-2024, 12:47 PM.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Nev. That looks great and I sure need a new gadget. I'm going to order one today. I do hope that my valves look better than yours!

Comment

that look like the one I was looking at----
      im pretty sure its good to have it be steerable on the very end.

Comment

I've never owned a Borescope.

I followed Nev's recommendation and ordered this from his source. It was $66 us dollars. I received it about 10 days after it was ordered. I was a bit nervous, as the website & emails had little english and lots of Chinese characters, but the purchase all worked out really well.

I got it out yesterday. The instructions had me download an APP onto my iPhone. The handle is plugged into a household power outlet using my own USB adapter and broadcasts its own WiFi signal when its turned on. I selected this WiFi signal on my iPhone then selected then opened the APP ...Whamo....it just works.

I'm not real tech savy. The only part of the english instructions that were not real clear is to plug the unit into the outlet. I had it working out of the box in less than 10 minutes.

The tip of the wand has a tiny camera surrounded by 8 tiny LED's to illuminate a dark place. Illumination intensity is adjustable. Rotation of a knob on the handle controls the bend of the final inch of the wand. Any angle is selectable up to 180 degrees. No wired connection exists between the the unit and my iPhone....its all wifi.

I find it hard to believe I have a high quality image for such a small price.

Moderator, should consideration be given to placing this thread on "Product Reviews." Also, Somehow make this findable using either the spelling of Borescope or Boroscope in the title. Our "Find" feature had issues pulling this up for me today.
        Last edited by Bcone1381; 03-03-2024, 12:15 PM. Reason: Added Moderator notes
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Nev
          Nev commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to hear Brooks.

I just ordered one from DXZ. 6mm snake- 5 position led's..... 8x zoom function--- 5 foot snake-- ca turn 210 degrees on the end.
        It has it own screen. So far I like it. The 6 mm was about 175 and the 8.5 mm was about 160$. Fram amazon. will be scoping my engine soon-
        Tim

Comment

Working...
        X