Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gascolator/ SPRL fuel valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gascolator/ SPRL fuel valve

I’m having an issue with clocking the Gascolator with the fuel valve when the union between the SPRL fuel valve and the Gascolator is torqued to spec. The interface between the forward edge ring of the fuel valve and the mounting bracket doesnt sit flush on the forward edge of the bracket and the Gascolator isn’t “ clocked” to the fuel valve. If there’s a way to torque the union while the valve, bracket, and Gascolator are in place but not fully tightened down, this might help seating the valve on the mounting bracket. Another option might be to put spacers on the valve side and/or the Gascolator side to even things up for a flush fit of the valve on the bracket. The mounting bracket is the “ new design” that doesn’t require a plate between the frame tubes

Thanks, jt.

I feel like this thread needs a picture

Comment

I think I figured it out. It would have been easier to first Torque and clock the union and fuel valve with the gascolator. Mark the gascolator holes, dry fit the valve on the mounting bracket, mark and drill the valve on the mounting plate with the gascolator dry fitted in the mounting holes and then the last step- mark and drill the bracket on the tabs on the frame tubes. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was already into the solution mode vs a stopping and waiting point.// jt

Comment

Working...
      X