Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM tach still operating ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM tach still operating ?

when I try to go to their old web page I seem to be redirected into a bunch of suspicious nonsense-----
    At some point I thought I would like to get a meco midget torch.......
    Anyone know if the company is going or not since Kent's passing ?

Tim
    seems senseless that such a great human being should pass from simply hitting his head---- I guess we are pretty fragile creatures----

I sold my Meco a while back in favor of my growing use of TIG and my Smiths AW-1A for OA work, but the Midget was a neat torch that is apparently well regarded for a wide range of jobs, including jewelry work and radiator/AC repair work. Although Kent offered very good pricing and some unique accessories (the custom 'fish' wrench was handy), you can find the torch and tip sets elsewhere (albeit at much higher markup). Therm Processes (radiator industry supplier) and Rio Grande (the jeweler's supply company) both still list the torch and tips, although Rio Grande currently shows out of stock. Otto Frei (another jeweler's supply) carries tip sets and extension tubes from third party manufacturers. Finally, I see the gas economizer and NIB Midget tips pop up on eBay as well, so worth checking there.
    Last edited by SpruceForest; 07-04-2024, 06:02 AM.

Comment

several of those places had the torch for 600$ I think Kent was selling them for in the 250 range.

Comment

As mentioned... more markup from other sources, which just demonstrates that Kent was providing as a much of a community service as possible while still at least breaking even on the business. That kind of guy.

Comment

beware--- one of those 3 other web pages-- seems to have injected me with malware--- reo-grand I think----- FYI----
          Gave me a huge red pop-up that covered 3/4 of the screen claiming to be virus protection -- and said a browser I don't have was infected.
          Also you couldn't close it. It started when the browser started. I had 3 different browsers on my desktop-- and all 3 of them had it----
          I was able to revert (vis win 10) to an earlier version of the browser from about 1 months before and that fixed the problem.....

So everyone - heads up on that-----

Comment

Did not see it on Mac, and the only PC in the house runs the flight sim.

Comment

Working...
            X