Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane UT Patrol on Barnstormers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane UT Patrol on Barnstormers

Anyone have any knowledge of this project for sale? I asked for an itemized list of whats all included but haven’t received a reply.
    Thanks
    Steve P203

Yes, I spent a good hour in the hangar at French Valley where it’s located. No wings included. That’s gonna cost you mid $30k alone. A little bit of wiring and rigging work done. Covered in Stuart System. Rough in a few places and will need sanding to smooth out. Wind screen, engine mount, main gear, wheels and tires and tail feathers included. T3 tailwheel.

It is a float kit planes so doors on both sides which is nice. All doors and window frames. A stack of aluminum skins for wings included. I’ve got pics if you want to share your email. Send PM.

Mark Dickens Companion would be a better buy if you can talk him into letting it go now that he has pulled it from “for sale” status.

I hope this helps. Mike
    Last edited by Skyward II; 09-17-2024, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mike. That’s kind of what I was looking for. A lot of the value in a fuselage kit is in the additional parts and it seems like it is complete. I’d just get a rib and spar kit from the factory and build the tanks and wings. Would most likely re do the fabric.
      I’ve already have a scratch built Patrol flying and was kicking the can around looking for another project for the winter. He is quite a distance from me so thats another expense.
      I appreciate the info.

Steve W P203

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        ...re do fabric.... Thats what I was thinking. Use a Stewarts glue erasure to remove the glue from the tubing.

When I covered my fuselage I made a small error. Then again....and again... I felt stress after error #9 , so I researched the cost of starting over. Fabric cost was I think $160. No brainer. The peace that came over me when I started ripping it off made me smile.

I would also be weary of buying a partially completed kit. I just see a builder making an error that he cant fix loosing interest, then trying to recoup his lost by passing it on to an unsuspecting buyer. That I think is a real risk that is diffacult to navigate. In contrast the support one gets from Virgil by going with his kit has a lot of value.

Originally posted by Steve W View Post
      Thanks Mike. That’s kind of what I was looking for. A lot of the value in a fuselage kit is in the additional parts and it seems like it is complete. I’d just get a rib and spar kit from the factory and build the tanks and wings. Would most likely re do the fabric.
      I’ve already have a scratch built Patrol flying and was kicking the can around looking for another project for the winter. He is quite a distance from me so thats another expense.
      I appreciate the info.

Steve W P203
      This fuselage is a good one. I’m not sure where you guys got side tracked with redoing the fabric. It’s done well but just needs a bit of smoothing in a few spots. I’m sure a good deal can be had as he just wants it sold.

The owner built an RV and certainly knows what he is doing.

Comment

Working...
      X