Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4130A for stabilizer ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4130A for stabilizer ribs

Hey guys. I was figuring up the materials needed to build the tail section and was wondering where everyone is sourcing their 4130A for the formed stabilizer ribs. I checked with the ACS website but, from what I can tell, everything they sell is in a normalized condition. Maybe I overlooked it?

I ordered a bunch of 12x24 and a couple 12x36 sheets from Amazon of all places. At the time the .025 was free shipping for Prime members.

Comment

No kidding! How about that. Perhaps my new go-to metal shop will be Amazon :-)
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

It would be great if I could get it from amazon as I already have a prime membership. I never thought to look there. Thanks a lot, mswain!

Comment

Oh, man! I ALWAYS start with Amazon. It always amazes me when I find something there that I cannot find elsewhere, or find it for a fraction of the price. I found a set of LH/RH metal-cutting shears (excellent name brand) for less than half what the aviation stores were charging for a single pair. And of course, the free shipping... I joined Prime as soon as I started the project, figuring I would save a lot more than the cost of the membership...
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
          X