Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DavzLSA progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope so Frank. I want to get the fuse in a very high state of completion before I start on the wings. Now that I have all the material for the wings I don't have to worry about aluminum prices going up on me. Ill be checking out your thread for tips as I go. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• hey guys got a little more progress, I decided I needed a larger instrument panel so i made another one today. I have the original one and it is per the plans If anyone wants it its yours just send me a PM. I am giving it away for the cost of shipping. It has a 1\2 inch flange on it.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      Last edited by davzLSA; 11-24-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Hey Guys, I have been taking a little break lately from building, sometimes you just need to get away from it for a minute. Recently I have gotten back to it. So in the pics you see I have all the aluminum parts now attached and painted all nice and pretty. And as it would be I forgot to weld the handle on the rear for towing the airplane around. So I had to wire brush all the pant in the area I needed to weld. Then after I got the handle welded on I had to clean it up with the wire brush again and repaint everything again. But this is the final time these parts will be going on, they will not come off again. Maybe. Also I have something coming up that i have been thinking about for awhile now. I have been trying to figure out how to attach hard points for jacking. I believe I have hit upon the solution to the problem. It will cost a little weight but the utility of it I believe will make it worth it. I will also have pic as soon as I get it bolted on. It is a pair of brackets that are bolted on with the bottom engine mount, the brackets extend about 1 inch below the fire wall. This is a heavy duty bracket made from a cut down pieces of angle iron. I intend upon making a jacking bracket that will bolt onto the brackets that extends below the fire wall. Not only can the plane be jacked from the bottom, but with a longer bracket and a spreader bar it can be lifted from above as well. It will make more sense when you see the pics. Another thing I did that is not on the plans is the second bottom bulkhead behind the fire wall. I believe it will make a smoother transition to the fabric bottom. I think I have seen this in other builders pictures. It looked like a good idea to me so I just stole it. But that is why we post pics right?I hope you all like these pics.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 20 photos.
        Last edited by davzLSA; Yesterday, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X