Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robcaldwell
    replied
    I purchased these for my skylight. They work great and fit perfectly between the stringers. https://www.amazon.com/kinder-Fluff-...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Leave a comment:

• Cguy
    replied
    You probably know this, but those big skylights, like the S-7 has and I guess the BH LSA, has, are great, BUT....it's also nice to have a easy way to block some of the sun off you noggin. In my 7, I have a scrap of the foil bubble foil stuff insulation. Weighs nothing, free. I just put mine up for the summer a couple days ago, and wouldn't you know it as i was flying up a canyon i saw a plane's shadow, not mine, looked up, and couldn't see up! They make fancy pleated blinds, that quickly retract, but the foil stuff pops out pretty quick if needed also. Spring, fall, and winter I love the full skylight.

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Spent a couple hours reworking the stringer standoffs and center support, which will now support the skylight, welded in new locations. Just need a few tabs to secure the rear track for the lexan.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Tail surfaces are rigged, time to get the controls rigged and cables made!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Thanks Al.
    taking me longer than I want. But making progress at least.

Leave a comment:

• interstate al
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Finally!!
    Wings are done, all but paint an wingtip nut plates

Onward with the Fuselage.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Bottom skin going on the left wing
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sir Newton
    commented on 's reply
    Your making good progress, PropMan !

• PropMan
    replied
    All my paint is here along with exhaust and got word the engine is being assembled. I'm running out of parts to order!!!
    Finished drilling the aileron to the wing. Time to rivet bottom skins.

Oh yeah, went ahead and got a set of 850 tundras(-:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    More goodies for the panel and fabbed the magnetometer tray.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cguy
    replied
    That picture of the fuel tank bay really shows off the height/depth of the wing chord, whatever the proper term is, looks really STOLLY.

While Texas was out of power, and their wind turbines in the news, our wind farms here were churning away, properly set up from the getgo to de-ice themselves. But, a lot of extra money to do so, and down there it didn't pencil out I guess. I never realized the water lines were run in the ceiling down there, been living in freezing climates too long I guess.

Leave a comment:

• JimParker256
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, being stuck in sub-zero weather without power or water, and unable to run to the store for groceries for a few days gives one a whole new appreciation for the early pioneers who made their lives in Texas... I think people were a LOT tougher then – at least a lot tougher than I am! I complain when the A/C in my fifth-wheel camper won't cool the interior below 75º in the summer when it's 105º outside...

• svyolo
    commented on 's reply
    I was in South Padre Island for the last 3 months, just left today. We were without power for 4 days, gas/diesel for a week, propane for almost 2 weeks, and groceries for about 10 days. Lots of fun.

Being in Texas with no energy is like? Unreal. Headed back to continue building starting today. I came here as a refugee from stupid. I almost was a refugee X 2. I am doing the paperwork to get residency here.

Not sure if I will finish my build in WA, or just get the engine mounted and move the whole project. It is easier to move with the engine mounted. I just need to cover the bottom of the fuse, and apply the seam tapes, and mount the engine.

• PropMan
    replied
    More happenings, Finally!!!!

The Texas Winter Blizzard of 2021 put a big halt on my build! No power for 5 days in sub zero temps and 12 inches of snow, unheard of around these parts. Got all kinds of trees and plants dyeing off now.

Back at it. Nut plates on inspection covers, Fuel tank straps, cables and pullies. These pics will look familiar but not. Left wing well under way. Hope to be done in a week or so.

Side note, Weather was in the 80s today and took the Legal Eagle out for a spin (-:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X