Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA print 20 discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA print 20 discrepancy

FYI: While getting ready to cover my fuselage I was mounting my rudder to locate rudder cable exits through fabric. Although my rudder had been mounted before while making cables, etc the two hinge holes didn't line up. I pulled print 20 out and checked dimensions. Found out my print has the holes @ 38-3/4" c to c but my QB vertical stab has them welded @ 38-1/2". When I covered I used the print so was off 1/4". A Dremal tool and cut off wheel I was able to move it the 1/4".
    So might want to check your measurements before fabric work!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Was it the rudder that was already covered then? It appears that the upper hinge on the rudder is floating and can be adjusted up or down to align with the attach point on the vertical stab. What did you cut and adjust with the cut off wheel?

Comment

• interstate al
      interstate al commented
      Editing a comment
      I had made aluminum wrap arounds to support the fabric around the hinges. I glued those on before doing the fabric. That is when I used the 38-3/4 dimension. And yes the top hinge floats up and down but my supports fix it in one spot. If that makes sense to you? I'll post a pic when I find it.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• David Swartzendruber
      David Swartzendruber commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense. Is this how the fabric is typically finished around a hinge?

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Most Bearhawks of all kinds have nothing there except the fabric cut out for the strap hinges. These aluminum pieces give it a more finished look. They are part of all current kits I believe. Mark
Working...
X