Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA wing crate dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA wing crate dimensions

My LSA kit is being shipped this week, so i’m making final prep to receive it. does anyone hav the exact dimensions of the wing crates? i’m particularly interested in the width so i can make dollys to move it around the shop. the wing chord is 60” and someone suggested adding 6” to that for crate width. is that correct? it would be nice to have them to the right size when the delivery guys show up.

thanks

wayne

Wayne, anything about your kit you can ask me anytime. The wing crates are 15 ft long and 5 ft wide. Little rectangular furniture dollies are all that is needed to be able to move your kit around the shop. Mark

Comment

thanks Mark. trying not to use up my million question limit with you so early….

Comment

Wayne,
        My LSA wing crates measure 5' 4" wide.

Comment

I bought 4 furniture movers from Harbor Freight and put one under each corner. They are rated to carry 500 lbs apiece. They are cheap and really facilitated unloading the kit from the truck.
          Roger
          QB Companion C-9
          N51RK

Comment

thanks everyone. i have a few home made dollys i modify project to project so just wondering how wide to stretch them out. have two harbor freight specials too , so the corner idea sounds like the least hassle. plus i need an excuse to go to HF anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X