Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress

Not much action on this forum these days. Finishing up my last spar and will finally get to assemble a wing.Finally somthing that actually looks like an airplane part. For years people have looked at my project and rolled their eyes. It will be good to get past that point. Just checking in.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Hey Gerry let them roll their eyes, I guarantee you these people have never accomplished a fraction of what you have accomplished and you are not doing this for them you are doing it for yourself and if you are like me it is a life long dream, so you continue to make progress and enjoy the satisfaction of what you are doing. And I want pictures!!!

Comment

Yeah Gerry - and for every kit builder who worries about their rate of progress, there is nothing but admiration for you scratch builders :-)
      Well done mate, keep at it

James
      The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

Great Gerry. I still need to try and get up there some day to compare notes. Maybe en route to/from the Arlington fly-in?
        Have you done flaps or ailerons yet?
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Have not done flaps and ailerons yet . Have rhe ribs and spars ready to go. Staggering across the finish line with these rear spars. Producing scrap by the pound. Good thing aluminum is cheap. Have all the wing weldments ready to go. Main spars complete except for riveting. Final wing assembly this fall and winter. Then on to the empennage. Not sure if I will be in town for the flyin. I'll let you know.

Cheers
          Gerry
          Patrol #30 wings

Comment

Perfect, then we can compare notes when your wing and my flap/aileron assemblies are done.
            Sounds like nice progress on the wing steel. That was an education for me to say the least. Good practice for the fuselage.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
            X