Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol Baggage door ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Baggage door ideas

I bought a completed Patrol. I am in the process of putting in all new Dynon navigation equipment in it. Since the plane is out of service I thought it might be a good time to make any changes I need to it. I am looking to see if anyone has any plans for a baggage door and back seat door access and also there is no step on it and I would like to also add a step to it? Anything will help!

What are you looking for regarding the baggage door if you have a completed Patrol?

Comment

There was no baggage door put on it and it is very hard to access the baggage behind the passenger seat. I want to see what others have done for a baggage door. I have a guy that can help me put one on, just looking for ideas.
      Thanks.

Comment

Sheet 17A of the plans will show you where/how the door is installed and Mark can sell you everything you need to do it. You'll have some fabric to repair on the right side.

Comment

Thank you for the help.

Comment

I did not get the plans with the Plane. Can I get a copy of the Sheet 17A anywhere, maybe from mark?

Comment

• jaredyates
              jaredyates commented
              Editing a comment
              You'll want to call Bob, (540) 473-3661

Nice job snagging that Great Looking Patrol! We rarely see them on the market. I bet once a year they come up.

You'll want a set of plans, and the previous owner probably has the set that defines your aircraft. Plans are also available from Bob Barrows. Bob will update old plans for a nominal charge. Do you need Bob's Phone Number?

The first pages of the Patrol are dated Aug. 2000. The cargo door drawing was an option added in 2009. We hope your right fuselage tubing between station L - M is like the drawing shown below. However, its very possible that its not. Look at your fuselage tubing where the Cargo Door goes between station L - M and see how yours was built. Compare that area with the shot below where and see the Red V is where the Cargo door is placed. (Plans p.20 Sept 2003)

If you dont have the cargo door tubing, it looks like your could fabricate a triangluar cargo door. I often thought a shelf or net at the level of the rear seat back would be nice.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.08.28 AM.png image_8439.png

A couple more shots to help you visualize things.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.48.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.46.01 AM.png
            Last edited by Bcone1381; 01-25-2021, 10:57 AM.
            Brooks Cone
            Southeast Michigan
            Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
            X