Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake plumbing

Just getting started on quick build kit and I've been scouring all the info i can find trying to pin down the routing of the brake plumbing through the fuselage, does anyone have a few pictures they can share? In particular transition from gear leg into fuselage.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Usually there is a section of rubber line that connects the fuselage to the L/G legs. On that "rib" at the top of the L/G leg - usually a bulkhead fitting goes there. Aluminum hard line (usually but not the only way) goes down from the bulkhead fitting to the brake caliper with a little bit of a loop. Mark

Comment

Mark,
      Thanks for the quick response, so enter the fuselage anywhere that will be concealed by the fairing with flex from the bulkhead fitting at top of gear to the master cylinder?
      Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

Did you see this yet? It doesn't entirely answer your questions but might have some helpful info:

Comment

Yes, I saw that very helpful. Looking to make some headway without painting myself into a corner and I was concerned about conflict with other systems competing for the same space... fuel, rudder cables, etc. I was kind of getting stuck between thought and action, progress requires both.
          thanks,
          Bill

Comment

If you go to my EAA builders log website you can see how I routed the plumbing for my Patrol. I also have full CAD drawings of my install.
            EAABuildersLog.org is a airplane builders log website to store your projects on the web for free. The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.) provides this website for it's members for free..

Comment

Beautiful, just what I was looking for.
              Thanks,
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              X