Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elevator Rigging Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator Rigging Issue

While rigging my elevator controls system I ran into an issue which makes it seem my long push/pull tube is about 1" to 1.5" too short. I think the most likely explanation is that I am missing an important detail. The second most likely reason is that the long push/pull tube in the back of the fuselage is too short.

To solve this mystery does anybody have the exact length of their long elevator push/pull tube? This would make it very easy to rule some obvious things out. Mine is 87.6" (2225mm).

Here is what I am doing. I have the stick pointing at the cross tube under the instrument panel. This is about the front most position I would like the stick to be in normal cruise flight. Next I try to adjust the rod end bearing threads to adjust the length of the linkage. At the max extended adjustments I get an elevator that is 20 degrees up. The elevator horn is about 1" to far to the front to make the elevator parallel with the horizontal stab.

Anybody has some good ideas as to why it seems short? I have looked at it for quite some time now and can't come up with a solution short of getting/making a longer push/pull tube.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 165637.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 165923.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 165808.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 170041.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 170201.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 170310.png
    Last edited by noema; 11-13-2021, 10:26 AM.
    Bearhawk "XHawk" Patrol, O-360, Trailblazer 80", tubeless 26" Goodyears, Stewart Systems. See XHawk Build Log.

I will ask the factory on Monday what length they are making the long elevator torque tube for the Patrol. To see if somehow you got a short one. Mark

Comment

• noema
      noema commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, appreciate it.

The push-pull tube on my Patrol measures 88.7” including the welded on nuts on each end.

Comment

• noema
      noema commented
      Editing a comment
      This is good news, thank you!
Working...
X