Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolts Driving Me Nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolts Driving Me Nuts!

Getting ready to hang my Lycoming O-360-A1A on my Patrol. Praying that somebody wiser than I can tell me the size of the bolts that attach the engine to the mount. Many thanks!

You might consider installing engine with hardware store bolts. Then, when you have the length, replace them one by one with proper AN hardware. Mark

Comment

Thanks, Mark! I will stop by Ace Hardware on my way to the hangar.

Comment

I used -35's. If your hardware store bolts are too long you won't be able to tighten the top left bolt because it interferes with the pushrod tube. Hope your engine mount goes easily, I just finished struggling with mine.
        Last edited by spinningwrench; 05-30-2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Padre
          Padre commented
          Editing a comment
          Many thanks, Mr. Wrench. That gives me a good starting place. We're still having fun!

I recently ordered AN7-35s and AN7-36s because I wasn't sure after mounting and measuring the hardware store bolts. Should know more in a few weeks.
        Bearhawk "XHawk" Patrol, O-360, Trailblazer 80", tubeless 26" Goodyears, Stewart Systems. See XHawk Build Log.

Comment

Working...
        X