Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

riveting bottom wing skin inboard of fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riveting bottom wing skin inboard of fuel tank

Any reason not to rivet and set nutplates for the bulk of the narrow section of bottom wing skin between the fuel tank bay and wing root. At least from the wing spar to just short of the fuel tank bay false spar?

Dave

I would check with Bob first. That is a very important structural area.

Comment

Think my question was not clear...it was late when I posted this question

I do not want to install nutplate in lieu of rivets...mainly asking if I need access for any reason into that area that isn't achievable by reaching thru the wing root lightening holes. Still working on the wing and that would allow for a bit of progess on the fuel tank cover nutplate fasteners and some riveting practice as well.

Thanks! Dave
      Last edited by DBeaulieu; 09-18-2023, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Oh you are asking about sequence, not deviation from the plans, sorry about that! I don't have a good answer to your question. I've been able to reach through for everything that I have needed.

Comment

You might want to consider how you will be guiding the aileron cable run in that region as likely you will want to add some bushings to guide the cable. The only way to see that big picture is to completely install the aileron cable as it definitely will require multiple trims of your wing ribs in its path from the control arm to wing root.

Comment

Working...
          X