Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N828CB kit 1175 O-540

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4-Place N828CB kit 1175 O-540

Nearly 3 years and N828CB is complete!! I contacted my DAR and the soonest he can do the certification visit is July 10th. So I patiently wait.

The momentum of the build really picked up at the end. I'll report on the first flight.

I'll take some nicer pictures soon.

IMG_0283.jpg
    Last edited by swpilot3; 06-21-2018, 12:47 PM.
    Bobby Stokes
    4-Place Kit Builder
    Queen Creek, AZ
    http://azbearhawk.com

Bobby, congratulations on your completion! I love your paint scheme! Very exciting!

Comment

Wow that is a good looking plane.

That paintwork really pops, and the Trailblazer prop sets the whole thing off. Well done!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I can't take full credit for the paint scheme, I based it on Larry Sullivan’s Bearhawk. His is very similar but in red. The guys at the EAA fabric class said that dark colors shrink the tapes in the hot AZ sun, so I wanted something that was mostly white. I really like how it turned out though.

I'm very eager to see how the prop does. Looks cool!
        Bobby Stokes
        4-Place Kit Builder
        Queen Creek, AZ

Comment

That plane is awesome. I too have the Trailblazer prop so I am also exited to see how she responds. I’m building over here in Southern California about two hours away and would love to stop and see it sometime if you’re available. Nice work!

Comment

• swpilot3
            swpilot3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely! PM me and let me know when you might be in town. I'm at the KGYR airport for the time being.

When you are building and putting in regular hours, the idea of a completed aircraft being a possibility seems like not much more than a dream and then you see another completed Bearhawk about to launch. Great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. Stay the course and keep putting in the hours. I remember reading somewhere that you should do something on your project every day. Even if it's just research. I just kept telling myself that every day. It kept me involved and motivated.

Eventually all those small projects add up to a completed airplane!
            Bobby Stokes
            4-Place Kit Builder
            Queen Creek, AZ

Comment

Every hour I spend, I am an hour closer to completion. I also think about a lot of smaller projects adding up to one total one.

Comment

• Chewie
                Chewie commented
                Editing a comment
                Not necessarily! An hour is not an hour. Some days are just more productive than others.

It looks better in person.... Bobby, lets see the interior and panel.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=39024&d=1530061930&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=39025&d=1530061931&type=thumb Here are a few quick pictures of the interior and panel.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.
                Bobby Stokes
                4-Place Kit Builder
                Queen Creek, AZ

Comment

Very nice. I like the clean simplicity of it! A lot of thought in getting this I’m sure.
                  Nev Bailey
                  Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                  YouTube - Build and flying channel
                  Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

When I see a nice clean design, I don't even know why I like it. "Its Nice!" is as far as I tend to go. I think I need to ask "What makes it nice?"

-Quality labeling of switches, knobs, & controls.
                    -Panel has only two screens that match, not three or four,
                    -No round dials, no mic, just one radio head, no transponder head,
                    -No individual engine, system, or fuel instruments.
                    -No CB's, no fuses.

As Iron sharpens Iron, so does one man sharpen another.

Thanks for sharing Bobby.
                    Brooks Cone
                    Southeast Michigan
                    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Thanks Brooks! I really appreciate all the great things you guys are saying. It really validates all those late nights, hard decisions and hot summers! :-)

I really like clean panels also. The Dynon really helped me accomplish that. Everything is integrated. I decided not to go the traditional CB route. Instead I went with Vertical Power VPX. Makes wiring super easy and everything is controlled with the Dynon.

I went cutting edge on the panel so it has the latest technology, super light and very reliable. But even if it all fails, I can still fly the airplane just fine!
                      Bobby Stokes
                      4-Place Kit Builder
                      Queen Creek, AZ

Comment

Bobby
                        your aircraft is really something it look at.
                        well done - it is a top job.
                        regards
                        Peter
                        plans built # 1184
                        4 place in progress

Comment

Looks great Bobby. Good luck on your first flight!

Comment

Working...
                          X