Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prop Lead Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Lead Time

What is the lead time for Hartzell Trail blazer constant speed prop and Dynon avionics? I am not ready for either one but trying to do some acquisition planning. Thanks. Also, I have been enjoying viewing Utah Jay's build. It has been helpful to look at his photos and read the narratives. Looks like some excellent craftsmanship.
    Roger
    QB Companion C-9
    N51RK

I nominate Mark Goldberg as the single best person to ask about the prop lead time and pricing strategy.

Dynon says they are caught up, but I would extremely-highly recommend not buying any avionics until the very last minute. These days buyers have come to accept price increases and suppliers are facing some increased costs, but even still, avionics lose value relatively fast. I'm just wrapping up my second Skyview installation, both in flying completed Bearhawks. In both cases it was no problem at all to be working on a completed airframe, and other than an engine sensor package, there isn't much advantage to having any of those parts sitting on the shelf waiting to be superseded or obsoleted.

Comment

Thanks Jared. Some good advice.
      Roger
      QB Companion C-9
      N51RK

Comment

We all do things differently. I hate waiting on things to arrive. A day I need something and it is not available is is a wasted day. I can’t argue with Jared’s points, when I know I have to buy the things, I try to have them prior to my actually needing them.

Engine, bought it way early
        Prop, yep early (but I was worried my prop would become aviator certified via STC which did happen)
        Panel, it was at least 4 months longer than they stated, so I got it right on time.

I am a bit of a different animal though.

Plan ahead
        Last edited by Utah-Jay; 06-11-2023, 10:58 AM.
        N678C
        https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
        Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Working...
        X