Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 5 QB#16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 5 QB#16

Thinking I should start posting some photos incase someone eyes a good… or bad idea. Worked on some door skins this past weekend. IMG_5464.jpg

Glad to see you back! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how it all was going with the new baby.

Comment

Hey Jared, baby is doing great- she’s moving pretty quick on all fours now. Hope y’all are doin well! Still need to make some time to visit.

Comment

I owe you a ride still, I haven't forgotten!

Comment

Drilled out main fuel tank nut plate holes and cover for both wings
          Attached Files

Comment

Any feedback is welcome! This is a wiring diagram for the wings. I am using KiCAD. It looks like you can't buy M22759/32 shielded wire really so I'll need to revert to the MIL-C-27500 tefzel wire? I couldn't find documentation to specify the amperage for the wig wag and signal wires of the aeroleds pulsar and sunspot equinox lights....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by triumphantduke; 09-15-2024, 09:03 PM.

Comment

well after pulling out the multimeter and a 12v power supply to test the pair of sunspots - A single Landing light measured at 3A steady (100W rated to use 7.1A??), the wig wag at 0.003A, and the Sync wire at 0.001A.

Comment

Originally posted by triumphantduke View Post
                Any feedback is welcome! This is a wiring diagram for the wings. I am using KiCAD. It looks like you can't buy M22759/32 shielded wire really so I'll need to revert to the MIL-C-27500 tefzel wire? I couldn't find documentation to specify the amperage for the wig wag and signal wires of the aeroleds pulsar and sunspot equinox lights....
                Was there a manufacturer that specified the M22759/32 for their lights? I used 27500 for all shielded wire in my plane.

Comment

No sir, never specified I just noticed it was part of the aithre oat provided wire, then compared the XL-ETFE with the PTFE of the 27500, and thought it looked slightly ‘better’. For the abrasion resistance aspect, since I don’t plan on using conduit. But I’ll plan on reverting to the 27500 for at least the shielded V+/V- wiring.

Comment

Got a call back from Aeroleds and spoke with Ken, the engineer behind the sunspot equinox, they have a function that lowers the landing light output based on voltage to support the leds functioning below rated voltage under emergency power circumstances. Should be full power output when run in the 13-14v range. I'll verify that with a different variable power supply when it arrives. Will need to note dropoff point to make sure my voltage loss vs wire gauge/distance used is acceptable.
                    Last edited by triumphantduke; 09-17-2024, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X