Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jflindner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jflindner

Hello, I am a new member living in Northern Michigan. I am not a builder just a flyer with over 60 years of flying. I recently purchased a Bearhawk 4 Place and will be asking question about the flying characteristics of the 4 Place. I went with a friend of mine to look at this aircraft, thinking he was going to buy it. Somehow after a couple of beers I ended up buying the machine. I have two hours in it some stalls and 5 take offs & landings so don't know a whole lot about it. I own a Wagaero 2+2 Sportsman with nearly the same 0360 Lyc. so am comparing the two. If any of you guys have some tips or techniques for me,I'm interested
    Jim Lindner

This, ^ this is how to buy an aircraft!

Welcome to the team

Comment

Welcome aboard. Was the Bearhawk built from a Quick Build kit? If so - who was the builder? Mark

Comment

• jflindner
        jflindner commented
        Editing a comment
        That I am not sure of. The builder is Web Thorn from Custer Mi.

Originally posted by jflindner View Post
      I own a Wagaero 2+2 Sportsman with nearly the same 0360 Lyc. so am comparing the two. If any of you guys have some tips or techniques for me,I'm interested
      Jim Lindner
      Welcome!

How easy did you find the 2+2 build? I have the plans but have never done more than look over them. Keep meaning to buy some materials and give it a go sometime but always seems like I have something else to work on!
      Steve Nicholson
      Lafayette, LA

4 Place Scratch build #1377 in progress (Wings)

Comment

Deftone, I did not build the 2+2 bought it from the builder with 40 hrs. on it. I have some thoughts on the aircraft that if I were to build it would be necessary. If you are interested I would pass them along for your consideration. Aside from that, I love the airplane. It is fun to fly and I can't really compare it to the Bearhawk as I don't have much time (2hrs.) in the 4 plc.. Dick Wagner, who put the design out there seems to have just copied the PA-14, so there are many improvements that would make a great difference in it's flight characteristics.
        Jim Lindner

Comment

Working...
        X