Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Ireland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ireland!

Well hello all!... I have bought and received the plans and a CD and applied for permission to build with our authorities here in Ireland.... Looks like a 'do-able' project for me with the QB kit being my preferred option.... even though I have both TiG and Oxy Acetylene and can weld, I was quite amazed to see that the designer prefers Oxy-Acetylene to TiG! ...Having watched a friend scratch building a Fiesler Storch replica (after 12 years the fuselage is nearly finished and no wings started yet) I think I'll go for a 'jump start with a QB being my preference...with float attachments for later use someday

Right now I'm costing the various options on my wish list from Titan's X370 to MT's 3 Bladed props (my jaw really dropped at the sight of their reversing one!). The South African Patrol ZU-BHP was just gorgeous & inspirational; certainly sets the benchmark for me - now I just have to find a fistful of dollars!

I currently fly an Ex-Breitling CAP 232 aerobatic machine and a tiny Russian MiG / Aviatika 890 bi-plane, both single seaters.

Kind regards, Paul O'Donnell, Enniskerry, Ireland
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by paulodonnell; 06-07-2017, 03:25 PM.

Welcome aboard! That CAP 232 is a very cool-looking airplane. Never saw a MiG / Aviatika 890 bi-plane before... That's an interesting paint scheme – looks like a take-off on some of the WW2 desert camouflage patterns. What are the two yellow cylindrical objects emerging from the bottom surface of the upper wing?
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• Bdflies
      Bdflies commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm gonna go way out on a limb and guess: Fuel gauges.

Welcome aboard Paul!

Bill

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum. You will find the members of this forum and the Bearhawk community in general to be very nice guys and always helpful. Mark

Comment

Yes Bill , spot on, they are fuel gauges - The paint scheme was just something I made up after looking at the plain white covering job, I decided we had to have some sort of pseudo military look for the MiG.! They were produced in Moscow by the famous fighter jet company to raise some cash in the early 90's. I have it registered here as a homebuilt as I assembled / covered it etc. ... Really gives air traffic control a shock every time when they ask me what type it is! Its also aerobatic...cruise speed is 60mph

Comment

• JimParker256
        JimParker256 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool! I like it. Certainly an attention-getter. I would imagine it's quite the ramp magnet!

Thanks Jim, really easy to fly , so if you're ever in Ireland....

Comment

Working...
      X