Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Patrol Quick Builder in Madison, Wi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patrol Quick Builder in Madison, Wi.

Well I’ve created room in the shop and my kit arrives Friday. Had a demo ride at Oshkosh 2017 and that sealed the deal. Currently I fly a Citabria but looking forward to an airplane with better back country performance. I am a semi-retired mechanical engineer but also own a custom woodworking shop designing and building pipe organs.

Welcome to the addiction!

Comment

Welcome! You in Chapter 93, by chance?
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• spinningwrench
        spinningwrench commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, pretty active in the Madison chapter especially Young Eagles

• spinningwrench
        spinningwrench commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, have a hangar at Middleton, active in Young Eagles and other chapter activities.

• Chris In Milwaukee
        Chris In Milwaukee commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Come see us at the BH BBQ on Tuesday night (location TBA). Al B will be there

Pipe organs? Very cool! I helped my dad “re-wire” one that had been moved without marking any of the plumbing... It was a donation, and came to the school in “disassembled” form... This was a very large organ, with (guessing) something over 200 pipes... I helped him work on it about 2 hours a day (all we could stand without losing our sanity) for an entire summer. We got about halfway through the job before I had to return to school. A year later, it was still a “work in progress”, but it was playable - within limits. Crazy project, and I cannot even imagine the patience to build one from scratch. The Patrol build should seem pretty easy to you! Good luck!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• spinningwrench
        spinningwrench commented
        Editing a comment
        We just finished the restoration of an organ with 1400 pipes, about a 8000 man hour project. Hopefully the Patrol goes well, just coming to grips with the need for better builders manuals.
    Working...
    X