Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking into building a Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking into building a Patrol

Hello everyone,

I am reviewing the plans for the Bearhawk Patrol, trying to decide if this is what I want to build. I have a flying RV-7 that I built. Great kit and aircraft, but its time to look at something different. I live in Northern California for now, retired military and we are looking to move.

Scott

Hello Scott. Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in building a Patrol from our kit - I am happy to discuss it with you. I built an early RV8 finished back in 1998. Mark 512/626-7886

Comment

Hi Mark, I will definitely call you. Right now I am previewing a set of plans. The owner never started and wants to sell them to me. My -7 was part SB and part QB. I like having some of the work done for me.

Comment

Hello every one
        I am going purchase Bearhawk patrol QB kits
        Please tell me about aileron attach strut Fwd end bolts - how get too it with lead edge install-- QB kit

Comment

N302JW - I do not understand your question. The ailerons do not have an attach strut. They are attached to weldments bolted to the wing rear spar. All is accessible. Mark

Comment

Mark the aileron bell crank strut (as found on Pg. 9) attack to front spar .
            my question was how too get access to the forward side of the spar , to install bolt in spar (for aileron strut bell crank attachment ) ,now I see access hole in the spar. ( I do not have plan , at this time, just the builder's Assistance Manual)

Comment

There are usually one or two access panels in that spot behind the main spar so that you can service those components. Reach through the lightening holes in the main spar via the access panels and insert the bolts.
              Christopher Owens
              Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
              Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
              Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Thanks Chris

Comment

Working...
                X