Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Saskatchewan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Saskatchewan.

Hello folks I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as time goes by. Dan.

Hello and welcome Dan! Have you met Mike Silvernagle? He also lives in Saskatchewan. I traveled to Esterhazy and Stockholm and visited Mike's hangar and grass strip last May when I was researching the Bearhawk. Mike is the Canadian distributer for Bearhawk. Great guy!
    We carry three models of aircraft. Each is built to suit a specific audience. The quality of our airplane parts is second to none. Purchase a quick build kit today.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Rob. I haven't met Mike yet but will soon. We live about 4 hrs apart so it takes a bit of planning. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of the Bearhawk builder community. If I can figure out how to attach a picture I'll send you some of my last project. It is a Cessna 182 re-register in the homebuilt category as a 282. It has all the mods of a Katmai except the Canard.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        you say its registered in the homebuilt category......maybe a stupid question but.....did you build it from scratch? Parts?
        Last edited by Bcone1381; 10-02-2018, 05:39 PM. Reason: clarification

• JimParker256
        JimParker256 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool project. The rules in Canada must be very different... We can't do that in the USA, unless the plane is registered as "Experimental Exhibition" or one of the other more restrictive categories. The "Experimental – Amateur Built" category requires that you build 51%, and prohibits things like using a wing from a certified plane as a starting point. But on the other hand, we get lots of freedom of use in the EAB category!

• way_up_north
        way_up_north commented
        Editing a comment
        Its an interesting plane, if anyone is curious to see what a canard on a Cessna can do....link to the site..https://www.katmai-kenai.com/aircraft/kenai.php

When I talked to the Canadian experimental authority...my understanding was 51% of the parts have to be new to the plane...i`m also curious how he got around that...
    Working...
    X