Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Builder in North Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Builder in North Idaho

Hi Everyone!

My name is Karl. I thought it was time to introduce myself before I started posting any questions. I am the proud owner of plan set serial #1508B.

Officially started construction of a Bearhawk Bravo 4-place on Thanksgiving! Of course the first day's activity consisted of cutting out the mylar rib template and gluing it to a sheet of MDF.

I have spent the last several months reading, researching, watching YouTube videos, collecting tools, and setting-up my shop.

My plan is to scratch build the wing first and later buy the basic fuselage once the wing is completed.

I have some experience with sheet-metal construction as I started building an RV-6A about 25 years ago...then the kids came along and life happened before I had to unfortunately sell the project.

Knowing that I always wanted a STOL back-country flying-SUV (just one of the reasons I live in Idaho), and just about the time I figured out that I probably won't be able to afford my dream Maule or Cessna 185, I discovered the Bearhawk!!

Karl
    Bearhawk Bravo #1508B - Scratch Build (wings)
    Northern Idaho

Welcome Karl! So you decided to scratch build human beings instead of metal machines? No shame in that!
    Where specifically in N Idaho are you?
    Mark
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Hi Mark, I am about 45 minutes northeast of Spokane Washington in Spirit Lake.
      Karl
      Bearhawk Bravo #1508B - Scratch Build (wings)
      Northern Idaho

Comment

Welcome Karl. Glad to have another ID builder around. Good luck on your build. You probably would just go buy a Maule and be money/time ahead😋
        Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Working...
        X