Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Reno, Truckee, or Carson City BH builders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Reno, Truckee, or Carson City BH builders?

I'm new to the forum and just 'discovered' the 4-place Bearhawk as potentially a good fit. I'm an ASEL that has put aside flying (along with my single days), 7 years ago. I'm now semi-retired from an Aerospace Engineering career and plan to start an easy build in the Fall.

My only concerns with the BH are a) build complexity/time and b) if it's practicality for 'mild-medium' back country flying.

I'm not interested in going into the bush or landing on 300 ft. river banks, but need a plane that can fly into strips that may grass, dirt, or even be a bit rocky or soft.

Any input appreciated, and I'd definitely like to meet some builders in Northern Nevada.

I think the closes BHs are in Elko. Check out the BH builder map.

IMO the Bh fits your mission very well. It’s not hard to built but it is time consuming.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

If you are interested in our Quick Build kit, I am happy to answer your questions and get you oriented in the BH world. Mark 512/626-7886

Comment

Working...
      X