Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new to forum

Hi everyone:
    My name is Chuck Calvi and I live in northern VA. (Berryville).
    i just received plans for the BH LSA. recently.
    I’m retired (mostly) but still work some. I’m looking forward to
    seeing an LSA up close and personal soon. I’m sure I’ll have
    plenty of questions for everyone.

Have a great day
    chuck

Welcome, its the best fun you will ever have

Comment

Thanks, looking foreword to it.

Comment

welcome aboard....

Comment

Glad you're coming on board. Depending on your circumstances, you might want to seriously consider getting the kit. I'm a first-time builder, and very glad I got the LSA kit. There's still plenty of work to do, and I've learned a lot, (still learning.) Some people really want the full experience of building from scratch, and of course that's fine, but for me, the project would have been overwhelming without the kit.

Also, I can vouch for the quality of the kit. The workmanship is top-notch.

Comment

Hi all,
            I'm new to the group and I joined today as a new future Bearhawk builder in Brazil

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
              Mark Goldberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome aboard estimado Amigo Brasileiro. Have you met Alexandre in Americana who distributes the Bearhawk kits in Brazil? Mark

Hi Chuck, joining this forum is one of the greatest assets you will have in your build. There are many of us who are documenting our builds here and it is a wealth of information along with the plans. I am scratch building my LSA "sorta" meaning that I have bought many parts from Mark. That is one of the good things about the Bearhawk community, you can build what you want and if there is something you either dont want to build or is above your ability to build you can just buy it and they are great quality parts. If you are going to scratch build the fuse I highly recommend you buy a tubing kit from Mark. The tubing kit is made from tubes that they use to make the kits. They are perfectly notched and fit together perfectly. The only thing you need is a good ability to weld. Ask me how I know? I screwed up and $3000.00 tubing kit thinking I would learn how to weld on it, big mistake. So I ended up buying a welded fuse from Mark. I have my own thread here where I share all my photos of my build DavzLSA and I recommend you look at Btaz thread, he has lots of pictures too and he is a much better craftsman than me. There are many other threads here as well and almost everyone here is willing to help or offer advise and most of the time it is good advise. Just avoid stories of cats and beer assistance. Good luck on your build.

Comment

Working...
            X