Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy/Hopeful Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy/Hopeful Builder

Hey Everyone,

New guy here from Montana, but currently living in Alabama. I have been involved with all things aviation for a majority of my life. I'm currently a Blackhawk mechanic and have been an A&P for just over a year.

My plans are to build a Bearhawk 4-Place. I haven't decided if it will be scratch built, quick-build, or a combination of the two. I'll probably end up buying the plans by the end of the year. My goal is to have it finished before I retire from the Army (10 years to go). I know, lofty goals lol. I will probably start a build/input thread in the next couple months. For now, I'll just lurk and absorb information. Anyways, I look forward to learning from you all.

-Rothe

Welcome! Read the threads and ask lots of questions. Sounds like you really enjoy aviation, so you'll really enjoy the build. I just think it's great that some folks who work in aviation are so passionate that they pursue aviation as a past time.

Bill

Comment

Glad to have you, what part of Alabama? And what does your name rhyme with? I can think of a couple ways to say it which might all be wrong.

Comment

• RHOWARD
        RHOWARD commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm down in Enterprise. I work on Fort Rucker. My name is pronounced Roth. Like the IRA. For some reason my parents decided to add an "e" to differentiate me from ALL the others lol.

• jaredyates
        jaredyates commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, glad to have you around in any case!

HI Rothe, welcome to the fold, I live near Tuscaloosa and you are welcome to come check out my project if you would like. If you are interested let me know Ill give you my contact info.

David

Comment

• RHOWARD
        RHOWARD commented
        Editing a comment
        I might have to do that. The only scratch built airplane, that I know of, local to me is a Fokker DV1. Too many wings for this guy.

Roth + e,
      What part of Montana are you from? Missoula native here...
      Welcome.
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

• RHOWARD
        RHOWARD commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm from Glendive.
    Working...
    X