Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb in MN

Just introducing myself. I'm a new student pilot up in east-central MN and I'm planning to start building a Patrol in the near future. Will likely buy the quick build wings and scratch build the rest. My local EAA chapter has plenty of guys with a lot of experience building aircraft, so I don't believe I'll be lacking for help or advice. I've always loved the Super Cub but it's just a little slower than I would like. I like the higher Vne and all metal wings of the Patrol. Hopefully it does all I want it to do...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
    Patrol plans #398

If you build and fly a Patrol - you will not be disappointed. Welcome aboard. Mark

Comment

Welcome Russell from northeast MN. A very slow scratch build 4 place here. Which EAA chapter?
      Mark J

Comment

• Russellmn
        Russellmn commented
        Editing a comment
        I've visited both Cloquet and Two Harbors. Cloquet is much closer to me (I'm about a half hour south) so will likely be the one I join. I'm currently an individual member of the EAA with no home chapter.

• marcusofcotton
        marcusofcotton commented
        Editing a comment
        Both good chapters, I'm a member at Cloquet, suspect I may have seen you at the last meeting???

• Russellmn
        Russellmn commented
        Editing a comment
        I was there. Second guy to introduce myself, think that was before the fireworks?

Welcome Russell, 4 plc kit built currently flying in Rice Lake wi.
      Bob T

Comment

Russel:
        I am scratch-building a Patrol and belong to Cloquet 1221. I've probably seen you at a meeting. I live nearly an hour east of Cloquet in Wisconsin. I give lots of free advice which is sometimes accurate. You can email me directly. bergy@poplar.us

Comment

• Russellmn
          Russellmn commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd love to come see your build sometime. I've only been at the meeting last weekend. I'll be at more in the future though.

Russel: I am in Madison, Wi. and building a Quick Build Patrol. I’ve created lots of highly detail CAD drawings as I build which you are welcome to look at when you start. They may not be your way of building but having all the parts called out may be helpful. My e-mail is spinningwrench@me.com

Comment

Just ordered the plans. Will likely spend a couple months just going through them and familiarizing myself with how they're presented before I start working on parts.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
          Patrol plans #398

Comment

Working...
          X