Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member From Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member From Texas

I am from west Texas and currently live in Del Rio. I am an instrument/commercial fixed and rotary wing pilot. I fly helicopters for a living on the Texas border in support of our US immigration efforts. I have approximately 4500 PIC hours. My airframes include AS350 and EC120B helicopters currently, and I’ve accumulated much C-206/C-172 time, as well as about 1,000 Supercub hours. I love to fly and I am a tinkerer by nature. I am a Christian, a husband, a father, and a dog lover. And I look for any excuse to play golf and drink a couple of beers. I can’t wait to join in the discussions. Thank you for having me and I’m glad to be here. These appear to be very well designed aircraft.

Welcome aboard. Mark

Comment

Mark, what is your preferred fabric covering?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
        Mark Goldberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Oratex, Stewart System, Air Tech (owner by a Bearhawker), Poly Fiber, Superflight. Builders have used all of these. I do not recommend one process over another. This is a personal decision for each builder. Each process has advantages and probably disadvantages. Not sure who you are, but if you bought a kit I would certainly be willing to give you my thoughts about the different fabric processes. In private and to help you make a decision. Mark

I am a tire kicker who is researching which airplane I want to build. I’m looking for knowledge from experienced builders and asking for their opinions. I will not be ready to build for at least a year. Thanks.

Comment

You picked an excellent aircraft to research. You will enjoy building one, and will love flying it even more. I like the quick build kit, more than enough building. I feel, if life gets in the way resale is better with the QB. Good luck

Comment

Thank you all. The Patrol seems to fit me perfectly.

Comment

akb3 welcome aboard, I really appreciate the work you do at the border. what is your name sir?
            Last edited by davzLSA; 12-09-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• akb3
              akb3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Keith. And thank you. It gets crazy sometimes.

Welcome Akb3 I,ve been down to Del Rio many times this last year for work. Thanks for all you do down there.

Tim

Comment

• akb3
              akb3 commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate that. Do you fly a Bearhawk down here?

• c5.piscitelli
              c5.piscitelli commented
              Editing a comment
              No Im a tire kicker like you at the moment. Hope to start building sometime soon though. When I am in Del Rio Im out at Laughlin upgrading and repairing the turbine engine test cells.

Hi Keith, I am in Alabama and am building an LSA presently. I am not flying at this time. I plan to pick it back up when I get my plane built. Check out my thread I have lots of pictures of my build progress.

Comment

• akb3
              akb3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Dave!
          Working...
          X