Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy Ya'all from Finger, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Ya'all from Finger, NC

Howdy ya'all,
    I have built a few airplanes and am looking at a Bearhawk 4 place or bigger next. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim
    -Jim Pantas
    Before every flight I make sure my tanks are full and my bladder is empty.

What other aircraft have you built?
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Zenith 701, Hatz Biplane and currently finishing up an RV-7A - all two seaters, need something bigger to haul grandchildren around.
      -Jim Pantas

Comment

You'll have no trouble with the Bearhawk, having built a Hatz. Is that Jim? You're always welcome to see ours in Hickory NC.

Comment

Thanks Jared, it's me - Jim Pantas - I need to finish or sell my RV7A project first. I'll take a ride in yours anytime you want to go, I'll never turn down a chance to ride in a new aircraft.
          -Jim Pantas

Comment

Hey there, Jim! We haven't met in person but have communicated through the EAA309 group and FB. Welcome! My Model B kit is currently hangared in Statesville (SVH). Just wrapping up the small details (which never seem to end) and have applied for my AW inspection. Waiting to hear back from them on a date. Been trying to fly with Jared this weekend using his BH Transition Training Program. You are welcome to visit my plane at SVH.
            Rob Caldwell
            Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
            EAA Chapter 309
            Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
            YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
            1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Hey there Rob, I have been following your channel on Youtube - looking forward to seeing it fly (and possibly getting a ride in it). Let me know when you'll be at the hangar working on it and I'd love to come see it.
              -Jim Pantas

Comment

I keep going back and forth from the Patrol/Companion to the 4 place - I rarely have more than 1 passenger but does the Patrol/Companion have enough room for luggage, tent, etc. ?

Anyone have a Patrol/Companion near Charlotte, NC?
              -Jim Pantas

Comment

• Bcone1381
                Bcone1381 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you build a Patrol, camping and luggage is not problem. If you build a Companion, I think you can carry the firewood and a 48 qt ice chest no problem. If you build the Model B with two seats and the same engine as a companion has the cargo door that make loading it a breeze plus a bit more floor space I think. That would haul bikes too.

John Ciolino has a Patrol at Gold Hill, which I think is flying. Our 4-Place is at E40, and the companion is built in the same jig. I can show you where the baggage compartment ends in the Companion. As far as I know, there aren't any Companions flying yet.

Comment

Working...
              X