Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian and Cora in Dawson Creek BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian and Cora in Dawson Creek BC

Hi, everyone. My son, a freshly minted mechanical engineer, and I have made an agreement to build us a capable bush plane for use on floats and fat tires. Our main mission... "To get lost and find oursélves". The Bearhawk 5 is the beast of burden we need, and so the journey begins. Along the way, we need to get our flypaper, too. This fall we will firm up the commitment with Mark, and place the order. I've followed Rob Caldwell in the last year, as well as others. They make it look easy, so, we'll have at it. Hoping to make a lot of friends along the way, and have a blast with this. Regards, Brian, Cora and Sean.

Welcome to the forum Brian. You will love how your Model 5 flies. Lot of work - but worth it. Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark. Very much looking forward to the journey. Learned a lot already by reading the forums, talking to you, Mike, and a neighbor who just completed a Pegasus build.

Comment

I am on CYQU, building a BH5 with wings nearly complete. get in touch neighbor.

Comment

Ahhh. Very cool. Currently working at Ft Mac for the month. When I get back we should meet up!

Comment

• Sir Newton
            Sir Newton commented
            Editing a comment
            Roger that

Welcome, its the best, make building fun and it will never feel like work, I’ve been building my scratch build for the past eleven years, Mark’s kit is the way to go and you will enjoy the journey.

Comment

Thanks, Gerhard. Im losing sleep looking forward to it 😊 since I'm "crowding 90", I dont think I want to take the time to scratch build, but the kit is definitely my best option. The Bearhawk community is so helpful and friendly, I just know I'm getting more than an airplane here. Sort of like a club.

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
              Gerhard Rieger commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome that your son get to do this with his dad. You must enjoy it

Hi Brian, Cora and Sean. Welcome! If you are passing through YYC any time, get in touch. I’m just up the road in Airdrie. Come over and look at my build if you want, or we can have a coffee and BS about airplanes. There are three more Bearhawks that I know of going together in central Alberta and three completed, so you will be in company! Reach out if you need anything. This forum has been invaluable, and Mark G has been amazing in his support, nurturing me through the process (I’m not an experienced builder). Glad to see the BH community grow in Western Canada. Hoping for a wicked Rocky Mountain BH fly-in one day.
            Last edited by Pbruce; 08-11-2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I will. My daughter just moved into Airdrie in June.
              Whats better than buying a simple kit plane than buying into a community. Looking forward to getting together and having a good chin wag. Im at the moment working in Ft Mac Firebag nights but after the end of August Im going to take a few days off and see if I can't do said chin wagging. 😁

Comment

• Pbruce
                Pbruce commented
                Editing a comment
                Your daughter lives in my town? Perfect! Coffee is on. Hey, I fly to Firebag and Ft Mac all the time in the course of my duties as a Westjet pilot. Small world!

The aerodrome is that big? Cool. My son Sean lives in Calgary and works at U of C, and is my co conspiritor on the build. I'll be bringing him with me when we come for coffee. Myself, I am an owner operator of a semi hauling crude oil and produced water for Vertex. From what I understand, its gonna get real busy the next couple years..

I have a friend who flies for Westjet but havent seen him for a while. Ryan Kuzio. Know him?

Comment

I’ll be looking forward to meeting you and Sean and showing you around the “factory”

Comment

Working...
                X