Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Patrol Scratch builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a milling machine do this. Machine a piece of steel to a thickness equal to the exact length of the rivet you want. Drill a #30 or #40 hole in it. Now place an overlength rivet in it and using a sanding disc shorten the rivet to the exact length. You will have a perfect length rivet with square ends that will rivet cleanly. You can crank out rivets at a high rate. I keep a set on hand for all the fractional lengths I typically use.

Comment

I recommend doing what spinningwrench says.

I only did it the stupid way because I was positive I would not bend another rivet - right up until I bent another rivet.
      Stan
      Austin Tx

Comment

Fuf. Done with main spars. Looking good. Now I have a few questions about the rear spar. Plans call for 8 nose ribs and 9 pocket ribs. What I don't get is why there is an extra pocket rib? shouldn't it be the same? Also, the rear spar has aileron hinge reinforcement near the wingtip. Shouldn't there be a spacer to put the rib?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Experimental airplane scratch build Bearhawk 4 place. Completing ailerons. Build Log: https://bearhawk2020.blogspot.com/

there is info on b-spot youtube
          Stan
          Austin Tx

Comment

The pocket ribs between the hinges don't need to match the aileron structure. They are aligned with the center ribs. Same rivets for two attach angles that way.
            I used a spacer between the outboard doublers.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
            X