Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the blood, sweat, and tears begin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the blood, sweat, and tears begin....

Blood, sweat, and tears, I'm guessing there will be more tears than the other 2 during this journey, but it will all be worth it.

Well, it's official, it all starts today, my set of Companion plans arrived in the mail. I've been poking around on this site for a while now, reading the posts and perusing the photos and information. I've been planning on building a Bearhawk for many years, came close in 2019, but life jumped in the way, but finally, it's going to happen now. My name is Steven and I live in West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. I'm a current pilot and own a share in a C172 with our local flying club and typically fly between 20-30 hours a year as the schedule and bank account allows. So I should be able to build and fly at the same time. I'm super excited to get started on the build and get to know others on this forum and the questions come up.

Steve
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Steve,
    Congratulations on getting started. I have friends in Kelowna and spent Christmas in Kelowna with them one year. Last names are Forbes and Oegema just in case you may know them. One of them used to run a mobile avionics shop called Sebrof Aviation before he retired.
    David

Comment

Congratulations and welcome Steve! And yes, there will be blood! When it happens, I leave it on my parts for DNA proof as the builder! The journey begins!
      Karl
      Bearhawk Bravo #1508B - Scratch Build (wings)
      Northern Idaho

Comment

Welcome! I Just drove home from YLW to YYC today. I’m there fairly often. Hope to catch up personally with you before long. Eager to see a companion in the making and compare flight notes when we are done. Pat!

Comment

• Rootster
          Rootster commented
          Editing a comment
          Pat, absolutely we should get together next time you are here. Shoot me a note and we'll get together.

• Pbruce
          Pbruce commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok. I’ll call you next time in OK country

Welcome Steven! Glad to hear you're starting to build.

Comment

It’s a great journey, you’ll love it
          N678C
          https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
          Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Welcome aboard Steve, There will be blood sweat and tears but as you said it will be worth it. Are you going the fast build route or scratch or something in between like me?

Comment

• Rootster
              Rootster commented
              Editing a comment
              Dave, plan is to scratch build as much as practical, and possible. I'm most likely going to purchase the tubing kit for the fuse, for the additional cost, I think it will be worth the time and mistake savings.

I started down that road but I learned an expensive lesson. Its in my thread if you are interested, its a long story.

Comment

Working...
            X