Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Colorado Member - Test Flying a Bearhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Colorado Member - Test Flying a Bearhawk

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I live out in Boulder, CO and have been interested in the Bearhawk 4 or 5 for a while. I would love to fly the Bearhawk to see if it's the right aircraft for me. Is the only option of test flying these at airshows? Or does the factory allow you to show up and schedule a demo flight?

If you are interested in a kit you should contact me privately. N95MF@hotmail.com
    Mark

Comment

Welcome AMK53,
      You can go to https://bearhawkforums.com/map and find other BH builders and pilots in your area. Where exactly are you? I started my PPL at KBJC and used to live in Boulder, Denver & Arvada.
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

Mark Goldberg, sent you an email.

Mark (Chewie), I’ve contacted some of the members on that map but all of them are still in the build process. I’d definitely like to fly the Bearhawk before making any additional decisions. I currently live about 5 mins from KBDU and fly out of EIK and BJC at a flying club. I used to own my own Kitfox but have been renting for a while.

Comment

You might need to travel, but I'm sure you can get a ride. Compared to the investment to build, buying an airline ticket or two to make sure you've picked the project seems like small insurance.

Comment

Thanks. I’ll take a look and see if there are any neighboring states that have members with flying Bearhawks. I’m doing my instrument eating right now so might be an excuse to do some longer XCs.

Comment

Consider visiting the Buckeye Air Fair, Feb 17-19th at KBXX, east side of Phoenix area. I'm pretty sure there will be some Bearhawks there, I understand there was last year. It's what the old Copperstate fly in has morphed into.

Comment

Update on the Buckeye Air Fair, Seems the Copperstate Flyin has parted ways with the Buckeye Air Fair.
                Copperstate will be held at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ this year. Check the Copperstate website for confirmation.
                I cannot speak for others but Buckeye Air Fair does not have a large Bearhawk appeal.

Kevin D

KCHD

Comment

• rodsmith
                  rodsmith commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good to know, I had thought about attending but probably won't.

Hello! I am also out of Colorado and hoping to get a bearhawk 5 kit soon. Maybe we could help build together

Comment

• AMK53
                  AMK53 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shoot me a PM and lets chat.

• PilotDebug
                  PilotDebug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not able to do PMs yet as I have joined this forum recently. My deposit for a bearhawk 5 kit should be going through today. Hopefully get it in a year/year and a half. Currently living in manitou springs but probably moving to south fork CO. There is another bearhawk 5 builder named Dale Herr. I might fly into Kelly Air Park (CO15) later this year to check it out. Feel free to contact me anytime!
                  Patrick Andresen
                  patrickandresen12@gmail.com
                  ​​​​​​​5103786345
              Working...
              X