Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New LSA kit builder in SE Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LSA kit builder in SE Michigan

Hello all. I’ve been on the forum for about a year, but this is my first post. I’ve been on Marks list for an LSA kit for awhile, and it’s scheduled to be delivered this August, so time to start ramping up activities. current efforts are getting the workspace insulated and organized. it’s cold here in winter…..

I’ve been flying GA for almost 30 years now but just got bitten by the tailwheel bug a few years ago. Bought a J3 and loved it. Currently flying a 1940 J5. Really looking forward to entering the experimental building world.

I’ll apologize in advance for the dumb questions that will inevitably come. There’s so much to learn.

Thank you all for filling this forum with great content. Hopefully I can contribute as well in the future.

Welcome along ! (There are no dumb questions ​​​​​​ )
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm also building the LSA from a kit.

Comment

Welcome-Nev is right about the questions-keeping a patrol at Belleville airport . Visit if you like 734 646-9810. Also there’s Brooks in Chelsea - he’s at 90% and has good info.

Comment

Welcome to the LSA and the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the group!

Comment

Thanks everyone. i’ve already been pestering Brooks with questions and got to see his beautiful Patrol. almost done. he sets a very high bar for workmanship. Thanks for the offer Paul. i may take you up on the offer when the weather improves.

Wayne

Comment

Welcome! I’m partway through a Patrol QB kit; bit more mission capability at the cost of dollars and complexity. I did give the LSA a really hard look. I like it a lot. Same fun (or more) on half the operating cost! In Canada the gross weight is a bit more limited by regulation , or I might have gone with the LSA. Still, I wish I could have both. I’ll bet the LSA would be flown more. Do you know which engine you are going with?

Comment

Wayne,
                  Welcome. I just received my LSA kit last month and finally got the fuselage moved down to the basement today where I'll be working on it. The garage is too cold this time of year even in Kansas.
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by Pbruce View Post
                    Welcome! I’m partway through a Patrol QB kit; bit more mission capability at the cost of dollars and complexity. I did give the LSA a really hard look. I like it a lot. Same fun (or more) on half the operating cost! In Canada the gross weight is a bit more limited by regulation , or I might have gone with the LSA. Still, I wish I could have both. I’ll bet the LSA would be flown more. Do you know which engine you are going with?
                    At this point, probably a C85 stroker with a little more compression than stock. I already have half the parts. i initially thought to keep it lower compression to more easily run mogas. might still go that route. by the time i finish this thing, 100UL will probably be out there. Who knows where fuel prices will be then.

Comment

Working...
                    X