Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I received prints for a Model 5 last week from Bob, although no plans to start anytime soon. Probably spend time getting prints digitized and parts built into Solidworks so that I can begin acquiring pieces and parts.

Welcome to the forum !
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

• brgranger
      brgranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I sure am excited about this plane!

I got this idea from alaska bearhawk ITOYA Original Art ProFolio 18x24 Black Photo Album Book with 48 Pages - Protective Binder with Plastic Sleeves

I recommend finding a source of 1 inch mdf from a cabinet shop 4 foot by 8 foot for make forms. The 1 inch material works out better then the 3/4

This guy is my favorite builder
    Experimental airplane scratch build Bearhawk 4 place. Horizontal stabilizer fabrication. Build Log: https://bearhawk2020.blogspot.com/

Stan
    Austin Tx

Comment

• brgranger
      brgranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the suggestion, just ordered it!

Same folio I use - works well for the record copy of plans. Copied all sheets for shop copy that is binder-clipped together and backed with some scrap Tolex (cloth-backed vinyl covering materials for amps, luggage, etc.).

Comment

Welcome! I am working on a Five as well, hopefully bending spars this weekend!
      Bill Duncan
      Troy, Idaho
      Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
      N53BD - reserved
      Builders-Log

Comment

• brgranger
        brgranger commented
        Editing a comment
        You are not to terribly far away, maybe I will get over that way one of these days!

this was my final solution for bending spars
      shoeshoe.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sjt; 04-26-2024, 08:55 AM.
      Stan
      Austin Tx

Comment

Working...
      X