Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas STOL Roundup Sept 29-Oct 1, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schu

I think a bearhawk can do what a 180 can do, which is good, but it seems clear to me that it's not more airplane, at least not enough more, that a good pilot won't more than make up the difference.

As for "If there is ever a contest that also includes cruise speed, we'll probably beat everyone." I doubt that too, every 180 I've been in does 130kts, and the hotrod ones go 140kts.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bearhawk, and I'm happily building one, and I think they are a nice flying and safe airplane, but I'm not expecting more than 180 performance out of mine. I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong.
    Same here.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I think the Patrol would show up pretty well in the results, if cruise speed is factored into the mix. It is a LOT faster than the super-short takeoff and landing experimental cubs that usually take the prize. And if I can't get into a landing strip in a Patrol, I probably couldn't do it in one of those $200,000 custom jobs, either! The airplane is probably a LOT more capable than THIS pilot, anyway!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
      X